We are compiling poetry for the release of the first Green Mountain Writers Group (GMWG) print publication intended to showcase the work of our established and emerging member poets from around Vermont and the world. GMWG is currently requesting the submission of a single, original, and previously unpublished poem that workshop participants would like to include in our inaugural issue. The book will be divided into a primary section that highlights the featured poets who have presented Poetry & Performance readings to date, and a second section that highlights poetry from any of our participating GMWG members.
Celebrate National Poetry Month at the Green Mountain Poetry Festival, April 30 in Underhill Center, Vermont.
We plan to have Poetry & Performance – The First Year published in time for our National Poetry Month festivities. On the last Sunday of the month, April 30, the Green Mountain Writers Group will host The Green Mountain Poetry Festival, a live book launch and poetry reading event at the Historic District #5 Schoolhouse in Underhill Center, Vermont. Our published poets will be encouraged to share their work in 20-minute individual sessions, scheduled throughout the afternoon.
Here’s the best part:
- We are fully funded for the book design-layout and printing costs.
- There is no submission fee.
- There is no jury regarding the acceptance of your work.
- The book will be reasonably priced at $19.95.
To submit a previously unpublished poem, please adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Email your poem as an attached document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a short bio of no more than 50 words
- Your poem should be a MS Word document, with your name and email address in the header.
- We cannot provide for any special font designations in the final publication
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2023.
We look forward to including your work and sharing it with readers.
Darlene Witte, Charlie Green, and Stephen Kastner