Who are the main characters?
- How would you describe them to another person?
- At what point in the story did you start to care about them?
- At what point did you feel that you either wanted to continue (or stop) spending time with them?
- What was it about that moment in the story that made you care about them?
- If you did not want to follow them further, explain why you never began to care or want to spend further time with them?
- Where in the script, did they say or do something that you didn’t really believe they could or would do that made them less authentic?
- If you were at a party, and all of the characters from the script were there, which one would would you choose to hang out with and why?
- Was there a character (or characters) in the script that you wanted to spend more time with?
Let’s walk through the big picture, the main events that happen in the story.
- At what point did you feel pulled in and hooked, that you absolutely wanted to keep reading? (You can answer…I didn’t.)
- What was it that pulled you in so strongly?
- If not, do you have any ideas as to why you were never really hooked by the story?
- Was there anything that happened in the story that didn’t make sense, was confusing, or you just couldn’t buy?
- What moment(s) you most interested in or liked the best in the story?
- At what moment(s) were you least interested? Where it started to drag, lose momentum, and/or you found yourself losing interest.
- What were some of your favorite scenes? And why?
- What were some of your least favorite scenes? And why?